LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN HORTICULTURE?
Office Administrator /
£22,000.00 – £27,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday, 7:45am to 4:45pm
(39 hours per week)
Shift and schedule
• Company pension
• Non-contractual Christmas bonus
• Free parking on site of business
• Product discount for plants
• Full training provided
• Additional qualifications available
• Overtime at increased pay
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic, positive individual who will be able to work hard on their own initiative and be driven by sales results. Good customer service will be required when attending to the phone or talking to visiting clients. It is essential for candidate to have Administration/Bookkeeping and Sage Certification. Previous experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
The applicant must provide proof of qualifications when applying or contacting the office.
Who We Are
Established in 1971, Peter Eastwood Plants is a family run grower and wholesale supplier of garden plants to garden centres, landscape gardeners and large plantings throughout Southeast England.
Horticulture has been part of our family for more than 100 years, with detailed knowledge of plant care being passed down and utilised in our current plant nursery, just outside of Hassocks, West Sussex.
We are proud of our family history, the quality of service we deliver and the variety of vibrant plants we cultivate.
General office administration, bookkeeping and payroll.
The role will require dealing with telephone and email enquiries from customers and suppliers, filing and purchasing of office stationery; book keeping-purchase and sales ledgers, VAT returns, P&L reports for management, bank reconciliations; payroll-weekly and monthly payroll, pensions, keeping accurate holiday and personnel records, HMRC returns; sales-production and distribution of weekly availability lists and seasonal catalogues, processing of orders, delivery notes and invoices and production barcodes; credit control; oil duty reclaim; statutory returns.
Required Skills And Experience
• Excellent telephone manner
• A high degree of self-motivation and drive
• Attention to detail
• Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous
• Must be computer literate
• Excellent communication skills (email, telephone)
• Strong commercial awareness
• A confident and determined approach
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• The ability and desire to sell, if necessary
• Sales administration: 1 year (preferred-not essential)
• Administration: 1 year (preferred-not essential)